+ Read Article
Have you ever walked past a house on your way to work and thought, Wouldn’t it be nice to live there. Artist Judith Brenner did. But unlike most of us, Judith loved the house so much that, in July 2002, she and her husband, Jonathan, took things a step further by phoning the owners and making an offer. Before they knew it, the Brenners were holding the keys to the front door, and moving their three young children into the double-fronted Victorian in Richmond, just outside of London.
Showing image @current of @total
- These five modern house additions not only add necessary square footage, but bring their previously existing structures thoroughly up to date.
- Amid its brick-clad row houses, London boasts some seriously modern architecture. Here are seven examples from the pages of Dwell.
- Good design is more crucial than ever when accommodating a growing family, here we celebrate the best in family home design (Check out part one as well!).
- From a Greek and Gothic revival to the birth of suburbs, the 1800s brought about new innovations in technology and architectural styles embody those historic changes.
- Who doesn't want a little more light in their lives?
- From a young couple's loft in Emeryville to a much-needed summer vacation home upgrade in Norway, peep to see five more of our favorite home renovations around the world. View Part One and Two here.
- Though often pushed to the wayside, the rooms belonging to the littlest members of the family need not be ignored. Our editors have combed through the archives to find some favorites from years past.
- In honor of the Palais-Royal's first public art exhibition's 346th anniversary (it debuted today in 1667!), we've curated a fine crop of modern art found in the pages of Dwell.