+ Read Article
Have you ever walked past a house on your way to work and thought, Wouldn’t it be nice to live there. Artist Judith Brenner did. But unlike most of us, Judith loved the house so much that, in July 2002, she and her husband, Jonathan, took things a step further by phoning the owners and making an offer. Before they knew it, the Brenners were holding the keys to the front door, and moving their three young children into the double-fronted Victorian in Richmond, just outside of London.
@current / @total
- These five modern house additions not only add necessary square footage, but bring their previously existing structures thoroughly up to date.
- Amid its brick-clad row houses, London boasts some seriously modern architecture. Here are seven examples from the pages of Dwell.
- Good design is more crucial than ever when accommodating a growing family, here we celebrate the best in family home design (Check out part one as well!).
- From a Greek and Gothic revival to the birth of suburbs, the 1800s brought about new innovations in technology and architectural styles embody those historic changes.
- When you need more modern space, but are constrained by historic building codes, adding an incongruous addition can be the best option.
- Who doesn't want a little more light in their lives?
- In honor of the Palais-Royal's first public art exhibition's 346th anniversary (it debuted today in 1667!), we've curated a fine crop of modern art found in the pages of Dwell.
- Winter white is a color theme that may be trendy at the moment--but is equally classic and has long been revered by modernists.