Urban Land Institute 2010 Awards
From over 170 entries, 17 finalists—from Thin Flats, an eight-unit green residential infil project in Philadelphia, to the Vancouver Convention Centre West, which opened for the 2010 Olympics and features a six-acre living roof—are contending for the Urban Land Insitute's 2010 Awards for Excellence: The Americas. The annual award recognizes urban developments with a focus on "leadership, contribution to the community, innovations, public/private partnership, environmental protection and enhancement, response to societal needs, and financial viability." The winners will be announced in Boston on April 16 at the ULI's Reat Estate Summit at the Spring Council Forum.
@current / @total
- This week, the American Institute of Architects' Committe on the Environment (COTE) announced its Top Ten Green Projects.
The 2012 Urban Land Institute's (ULI) Spring Meeting brings together ULI members with top decision-makers and industry experts from every sector of real estate. Here, members can participate in town hall meetings and roundtable discussions to get the latest information on real estate trends and economic situations from leading industry experts such as Erskine B. Bowles, the former co-chair of President Obama's National Committee of Fiscal Responsibility and Hugh L. McColl, Jr., former chair and CEO of Bank of America.
During the convention, fee-based mobile workshops will be offered to members to explore Charlotte's award-winning and exemplary city development and mixed-use projects that manage to blend east coast traditional styling with New Urbanism while highlighting pedestrian walkability.
- Each January, the American Institute of Architects awards its annual Honor Awards to the top designs in architecture, interior architecture, and regional and urban design.
- Earlier this week, the American Institute of Architects awarded its tenth annual Housing Awards to projects across the country, several of which have been featured in Dwell.
- For those seeking refuge from an interminable game of Marco Polo, these four pool houses provide an artful escape.
- The International Interior Design Association Northern California Chapter threw their party of the year on March 2 to toast the 2011 IIDA NC Honor Award winners.
- From the United States to Poland to South Korea, living roofs have taken off.
- CMG Landscape Architecture is one of the coolest firms working in San Francisco today.