Upwardly Mobile Homes
In collaboration with Dwell On Design and our California Builder, Sustain will be holding two evening presentations and workshops on our sustainable, prefabricated architecture. While this workshop is intended for prospective MiniHome buyers, all participants are welcome to learn about our approach to prefabrication, production and modular and energy efficient-design based on Canada’s R2000 Program and technologies. We’ll also present our big picture view of the future of sustainable community design. Andy Thomson and Trevor McIvor from our Toronto office will be available to answer any questions you may have, from model configuration to mechanical systems, materials, zoning and even financing. We’ll feature Sustain’s famous 1/2 hr presentation, as well as material samples and print packages for all attendees on all of our products and investor packages for attendees interested in our MiniHome Park Developments. Sign up below and enjoy good food, good people and a great space enjoying a workshop-style discussion about these new economical and environmental alternatives. The workshop fee of $25 (for online registrations) and $30 at the door, will include hors d’ouevres and a MiniHome Catalogue and Sample Materials kit. Sustain also plans to participate in Dwell On Design’s annual show in Los Angeles from June 26-28, 2009. We are offering a significant discount price on our new 12X34 Model for our first California-based customer. This price is only available for residents of California that attend the workshop. If you would like to participate, please RSVP.
- Ever wondered what it would be like to own a compact, green, mobile, prefab home? You will soon have a chance to find out.
- A new prefab prototype on a Scottish island demonstrates a smart—and superlocal—approach to building in far-flung locations.
- Dwell on Design is bigger and better than ever, and that goes for our perennially popular Outdoor section, too.
- Built on a challenging hillside site and tucked behind a thicket of trees, the Bridgman, Michigan, house designed by Scott Rappe provides a modern weekend retreat for a Chicago couple.
- As the weekend approaches, we've gathered ten of our most popular homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- In the most unlikely of places—rural Missouri—Rocio Romero has designed and built a prefab empire.
- As fall turns into winter, there's no better time to start thinking about your home's sense of hygge—that is, the spare but very cozy minimalism epitomized by Danish houses.