An Unconventional Prefab on Fishers Island
- In January 2003, we issued a challenge to 16 architects: Design a modern prefab home for $200,000.
- In honor of Piero Ambrogio Busnelli, the B&B Italia founder who died on January 25, 2014, at age 87, here are eight homes from Dwell's archives where the influential Italian furniture company's…
- A door is just a door…or is it? In a dream, a door may represent a new opening in your waking life. A locked door may represent a missed opportunity.
- Prefab houses are getting leaner, more efficient, and, in some cases, bigger. Here, we explore highlights from our December/January prefab issue, juxtaposed with our favorites from the past.
- A 1950s Joseph Esherick home in Berkeley, California, inspires an addition that pays homage to the past yet is poised to host the next generation.
- At a Dwell Meetup event Tuesday, architect Joeseph Tanney of Resolution: 4 Architecture joined editor-in-chief Amanda Dameron in New York City to talk prefab in all its forms.
- Restrained by local building code, architect Michael O’Sullivan forwent a flashy facade on this new Auckland, New Zealand, home, saving the fireworks for the interior.
- Generously proportioned ceilings and stretched floors, here are 8 open-plan living spaces worth taking a look at!