Two Houses Are Better Than One
- From a hit actor's beach house retreat to a high design Mill Valley abode, peep to see five more of our favorite home renovations around the world. View Part One here.
- In snowy Sweden, where pine planks and the democratic design incubator Ikea reign supreme, a local architect pays homage to his patrimony, making a small, slatty home feel like a rather big…
- Sustainable consultant to the stars Jordan Harris convinces Hollywood starlets to go hybrid, but when it came to greening his own home, he enlisted outside help.
- These twin sun-drenched San Diego abodes prove that two decks are better than one.
- Two years ago architect Chad Everhart came across an old farmhouse near Boone, North Carolina.
- Upon the birth of their first child, artist Stas Orlovski and food stylist Alise Arato felt that their 700-square-foot 1930s bungalow in the Mar Vista area of Los Angeles was too small to accommodate…
- The house at 157 Congress Run in the Cincinnati suburb of Wyoming was a fine little place, a sturdy 1940s brick Cape with trim, boxy rooms and an undulating yard punctuated with old trees.
- With ingenuity and plenty of elbow grease, architect John Tong turned an old Toronto dairy into the ultimate family clubhouse.