Touring the Breezehouse by Blu Homes
Dwell's popular Home Tours included a Breezehouse by Blu Homes in Healdsburg as a bonus tour during this spring's Marin Home Tours. With our annual Prefab issue now out on newsstands, we paid a visit so that online readers could get a closer look and learn more about the prefab home's innovative design from its owner, designer Jo Cooper, as well as Blu Homes West Coast project manager, Jeff Morter. Enjoy our slideshow, and be sure to sign up for upcoming Dwell Home Tours near you!
@current / @total
- Seeking to harmoniously integrate a modern aesthetic into the varied architectural vernaculars of Mumbai, India, the Brooklyn-based firm Khanna Schultz (made up of the wife-and-husband team of Vrinda…
- A long house on Long Island, this prefab could get to its site peaceably only by traveling in pieces.
- After fifteen years of disuse, a Saarinen-designed house on the Cranbrook campus has been renovated and updated by the school's Director, Reed Kroloff, and interior designer Lynda Charfoos.
- On a secluded plot of land in Watch Hill, Rhode Island, Brooklyn's Lubrano Ciavarra Architects crafts a modern weekend house designed to frame its landscape.
- A perennial subject at Dwell on Design, prefab housing takes the show floor by storm this year.
- Architect Jamie Darnell had a simple plan for his family’s home in Kansas City, Missouri, but the result is anything but plain.
- The specter of one's grown child moving back home doesn't excite all parents, but in Surakarta, in the Central Java Province of Indonesia, one couple took the homecoming as an opportunity to double…
- Architect Preston Scott Cohen resurrected an early 1800s barn as a vacation home for a literary couple and their family, calling to mind both the agrarian spaciousness of the structure’s former life…