Touring the Breezehouse by Blu Homes
Dwell's popular Home Tours included a Breezehouse by Blu Homes in Healdsburg as a bonus tour during this spring's Marin Home Tours. With our annual Prefab issue now out on newsstands, we paid a visit so that online readers could get a closer look and learn more about the prefab home's innovative design from its owner, designer Jo Cooper, as well as Blu Homes West Coast project manager, Jeff Morter. Enjoy our slideshow, and be sure to sign up for upcoming Dwell Home Tours near you!
Showing image @current of @total
- A long house on Long Island, this prefab could get to its site peaceably only by traveling in pieces.
- A perennial subject at Dwell on Design, prefab housing takes the show floor by storm this year.
- Seeking to harmoniously integrate a modern aesthetic into the varied architectural vernaculars of Mumbai, India, the Brooklyn-based firm Khanna Schultz (made up of the wife-and-husband team of Vrinda…
- Green prefab homebuilding company Blu Homes announces its first SoCal model home on the occasion of Dwell on Design 2013.
- The iT House brings together raw industrial aesthetics with the tactics of green design to forge a new home in the sunbaked wilds of California’s east.
- On a secluded plot of land in Watch Hill, Rhode Island, Brooklyn's Lubrano Ciavarra Architects crafts a modern weekend house designed to frame its landscape.
- The locations may be far flung—from rural Missouri to Eglisau, Switzerland—the residents might be architects, families, or weekend warriors, but the constant is prefabrication in our…
- The specter of one's grown child moving back home doesn't excite all parents, but in Surakarta, in the Central Java Province of Indonesia, one couple took the homecoming as an opportunity to double…