- Winter white is a color theme that may be trendy at the moment--but is equally classic and has long been revered by modernists.
- Why the clean, sophisticated interior of this Hollywood bungalow needed nothing so much as a man’s touch.
- A pair of environmentally attuned architects combined adjoining properties in a Los Angeles canyon to house their modernist menagerie.
- In Holland, being green is not a choice, it's a governmentally enforced obligation. Architects Han van Zweiten and Gregory Kiss's project makes a case for obeying the law.
- On the edge of a tiny island accessible only by boat, this buoyant summer home lives the life aquatic.
- Warm up a new addition or highlight existing architecture with the right choice of wood—we recommend Douglas fir, an evergreen conifer native to the western coast of North America.
- Hay insulation, passive solar, drought-tolerant gardens: Behold the following 7 houses from Dwell's pages that give back by striving for net-zero status.
- On Puget Sound, activist and filmmaker Anna Hoover collaborated with Les Eerkes, a principal at Olson Kundig Architects, on a 693-square-foot studio in the woods.