- With nearly a half century of architectural experience, Peter Cohen designed this ingenious spine-and-module home for him and his wife Sally in the coastal forests just outside Ellsworth, Maine.
- Why the clean, sophisticated interior of this Hollywood bungalow needed nothing so much as a man’s touch.
- A pair of environmentally attuned architects combined adjoining properties in a Los Angeles canyon to house their modernist menagerie.
- Winter white is a color theme that may be trendy at the moment--but is equally classic and has long been revered by modernists.
- In Toronto, a painter accustomed to crashing in his studio created an airy artistic haven with both working and living quarters for a more balanced and polished picture.
- In Holland, being green is not a choice, it's a governmentally enforced obligation. Architects Han van Zweiten and Gregory Kiss's project makes a case for obeying the law.
- Sustainable consultant to the stars Jordan Harris convinces Hollywood starlets to go hybrid, but when it came to greening his own home, he enlisted outside help.
- For their weekend home in Sharon, Connecticut, architect Lynn Gaffney and her husband, Bill Backus, filled their natural wood "shack" with eBay finds and classic modern design pieces.