+ Read Article
Architect Piers Taylor's renovation of an old gameskeeper's cottage, complete with a castellated roof and sweeping meadow below, is an exercise in dramatic modernization, one that takes advantage of everything its storybook setting has to offer.
Showing image @current of @total
- These five modern house additions not only add necessary square footage, but bring their previously existing structures thoroughly up to date.
- Sometimes, you just need more space. But what are you to do when moving isn’t an option? These five homeowners found solutions in creative home additions.
- We combed through our archives to present this pictorial ode to one of the most high-traffic spaces in the house—the bathroom.
- While not as often associated with modernism as steel or glass, stone is indeed appreciated by modern architects, as evidenced by the following seven houses from the pages of Dwell that incorporate…
- From wood to steel to glass to cement boards, we give you the inside track on the materials and techniques needed to make your facade sing.
- Don’t be a square; whether out of necessity or aesthetics, these layouts come in all shapes and sizes.
- Take a peek inside a cottage renovated by Feldman Architecture for an artist and landscape architect.
- From a renovated cottage in England to a family home in Brooklyn, these six modern homes make the last letter on the color wheel look regal by its creative insertions indoors and out.