- If you’re on the hunt for a great modern sofa, consider the following from our pages—some iconic, some off the beaten path.
- For our first post in a series featuring inspiring, clutter-free rooms, we begin with the space that is arguably the most important to keep clear of all visual noise: the bedroom.
- When Anders Stokholm asked his old friend Felix Jerusalem to design his family’s new home in Eschenz, a northern Swiss village on the Rhine River and Untersee Lake, the client and architect agreed…
- Prefabrication can be used to solve anything from budget concerns to building obstacles. Packed with a range of sustainable features, these prefab homes tackle environmental issues, too.
- The locations may be far flung—from rural Missouri to Eglisau, Switzerland—the residents might be architects, families, or weekend warriors, but the constant is prefabrication in our…
- I got into Zurich around 9:00 AM on Sunday, rather wiped out from my flight from San Francisco via Newark.
- Decades after they met as teenagers on a Montauk beach, Manhattanites Victoria and Greg Pryor returned to Long Island to build a sustainable second home together.
- One day last April there was great excitement on Highland Avenue, a quiet, hilly street (on which this writer happens to live) of Craftsman bungalows and 1960s apartment buildings in the Ocean Park…