Sustainable Retreat on a Fire-Devastated Site in Boulder
- When Seattle’s fire stations needed an overhaul, the city selected local architects to give these ultimate live/work spaces a modern-minded update.
- Whether the room brings the backyard in or vice versa, these dwellings mesh the beauty of the outdoors with the comfort of being inside.
- Alvar Aalto, one of Finland’s greatest architects, made modernist masterpieces with a human touch.
- Retirement often offers couples more time together, but when René Menten and Mikey Bienkens left the working world, they built a house that emphasized their individual activities.
Prior to the home tours, join Dwell and listen to the architects speak about their challenges, inspirations, and successes in designing and building the homes featured on the Dwell East Side & Downtown Home Tour and the Dwell Canyons & Valley Home Tour. After presenting the design philosophy behind the homes being showcased, design enthusiasts will have the opportunity to mix with the architects over cocktails.
Confirmed Presenting Architects:
Frank Escher and Ravi GuneWardena, House with 5 Corners
Noah Walker, Oak Pass Guest
Ray Kappe, Strimling House
Elissa Scrafano, Mendel Residence
Finn Kappe, Floegel-Shetty Residence
Christopher Mercier and Douglas Pierson, Kim Residence
Tom Marble, Tattuplex
- The season for pool parties, barbecues, and eating al fresco is afoot.
- Amidst the epic national parks and famous ski-resorts, modern architecture abounds in the Centennial state.
- Though Los Angeles offers Lindsay Lohan sightings at Pinkberry and addresses on L.Ron Hubbard Way, Dwell explores a different side of the city with land use interpreter Matthew Coolidge.