Sunset District Renovation
The residents of atelier KS's first renovation like stuff. When the couple, who lives in San Francisco's Sunset District, first invited the husband-wife design team to their home, the garage they wished to remodel was filled to the brim. "Our jaws just dropped open," Kelli Franz, the "K" of atelier KS, remembers. "We could hardly move in the space." Seth Pare-Mayer, Franz's personal and professional other half, says, "I wondered how we would measure the space." Still, the duo were able to transform the 1,000 square feet into a 500-square-foot garage and a 500-square-foot living space filled with all of the residents' wants: study, family room, guest bedroom, bathroom with a shower, laundry room, and storage space.
@current / @total
- San Francisco is Dwell’s birthplace, so it’s no surprise that we have featured many fantastic modern homes from the city by the bay. See some from our archives!
- Kykuit, the Rockefeller estate in Pocantico Hills, New York, hearkens from the days of robber barons and captains of industry.
- On dwell.com, we recently featured atelier KS's Sunset District Renovation--a disaster turned modern-design beauty that we loved.
- With its slim profile and sleek gray exterior, Lola Oyibo and Eric Boardman’s home in Portland, Oregon bears little resemblance to the house it used to be.
- Tres Birds Workshop design principal Mike Moore likes making people think.
- It's rare that in a resident-architect collaboration, the resident picks the more dramatic design scheme than the architect.
- When residents Gino and Paetra Serra decided to renovate their 1933 Italianate foursquare-plan home in Kansas City, Missouri, to accommodate their growing family, they made sure that in addition to…
- We combed through our archives to present this pictorial ode to one of the most high-traffic spaces in the house—the bathroom.