- As we prepare for our November issue, which is all about small spaces, we’re thinking small, and that often means creative use of otherwise wasted space above the main floor.
- Whether it's subtle accents or solid exterior facades, we examine seven modern homes that utilize the classic and durable metal, steel.
- From northeastern Italy to downtown Pittsburgh, a trendy neighborhood in Melbourne, Australia, to Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, here are eight inventive, modern apartment buildings that fit in…
In honor of the Golden Gate Bridge's seventy-fifth anniversary, architect Donald MacDonald will lead a discussion and presentation on its history and design. MacDonald will focus on items in his book Golden Gate Bridge: History and Design of an Icon such as the famed span's engineering, construction, and coloring.
- Visions of the future have long captivated audiences—science-fiction fans, designers, and architects alike.
- An architect and his wife roll up their sleeves and create an affordable family residence in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Plus, catch architect Andrew Moss's guide to the city here.)
- From a Greek and Gothic revival to the birth of suburbs, the 1800s brought about new innovations in technology and architectural styles embody those historic changes.
- Facing tight building codes and an even tighter space, Karen White and David MacNaughtan needed an architect who could turn lemons into lemonade. Donald Chong devised a refreshing solution.