- We can learn a thing or two from foodies about kitchen design, as the following modern Dwell kitchen-centric homes—the stuff that culinary dreams are made of—so elegantly prove.
- From a single sheet to a shiny-metal extravaganza, stainless steel remains a very viable way of modernizing your kitchen. Here are 9 ways to incorporate the low-maintenance material.
Knobs continue to be the big issue with cooktops. Miele’s six-burner model offers the preferable control panel on the side—but who really needs six burners? We like that Miele offers a host of design options—from finishes to burner-grate styles (round or linear) to knob color—and the automatic reignition and shut-off ensures safety.
- While in the process of helping his father find a suitable home closer to his family, Sacramento designer Curtis Popp realized he had everything he needed to provide his dad, an artist, with the…
- Along the ever-expanding coastline of Hawaii’s Big Island, an architect and his family exchange fast-paced city life for a different kind of flow—the geological kind.
- A self-taught designer embarks upon a solo mission to resuscitate a 19th-century homestead.
- In January 2003, we issued a challenge to 16 architects: Design a modern prefab home for $200,000.
- Gerard Kitchener is fond of talking about the weather, especially as it pertains to Waratah Bay in southeastern Victoria, Australia.