Spirit of the South
- Remodeling your home can come with a lengthy list of expenses and countless price tags.
- Though a modern aesthetic is not quite the norm for homes in the Volunteer State, some plucky architects and designers have built their own contemporary oases.
- Affordable gestures abound in this transformation of a dilapidated former duplex in the Texas Hill Country.
- Tired of waiting for innovative architecture to come to San Diego, this proactive architect added developer to his job description, and brought it there himself.
- Kansas City is a sprawling 318 square miles. With the help of creative developers and architects, the three square miles that make up downtown are finally growing up.
- After architectural designers Louis Molina and Laurent Turin of Good Idea Studio revamped a tiny, dilapidated 1923 clapboard house in 2004, they moved their Los Angeles office into the ground level…
- At just $167 per square foot, this high-design, low-cost barn in rural Wisconsin is an American idyll.
- Tuned into its sylvan setting, this affordable green home in Hillsborough, North Carolina, is a modern take on the surrounding centuries-old structures.