Spirit of the South
- Remodeling your home can come with a lengthy list of expenses and countless price tags.
- Though a modern aesthetic is not quite the norm for homes in the Volunteer State, some plucky architects and designers have built their own contemporary oases.
- Affordable gestures abound in this transformation of a dilapidated former duplex in the Texas Hill Country.
- Regina and Andy Rihn weren’t exactly modernists when they first began their frustrating, unproductive slog through the pricey Austin, Texas, real estate market.
- After architectural designers Louis Molina and Laurent Turin of Good Idea Studio revamped a tiny, dilapidated 1923 clapboard house in 2004, they moved their Los Angeles office into the ground level…
- For a Toronto couple with a love of minimalist Japanese architecture, a sleek, storage-packed kitchen was the first priority in their home's renovation.
- Even before construction was complete, the Stump House was turning heads.
- Just as the famed Treaty of 1814 called for peace between the United Kingdom and the United States, the large beech tree on Dieter Van Everbroeck's property harmonizes the relationship between site…