- Dwell spotlights the coolest modern backyards from the pages of our magazine.
- Corrugated metal is a repeat offender in many modern homes. Architects love it for its affordability, availability, and durability.
- One of the joys of visiting Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to see Rick and Susan Moreland's house for one of our October features was chatting books with Rick.
- A spot to foster conviviality with passersby, a place to perch a chair and enjoy the outdoors, a threshold between inside and out, and an informal living room for neighborhoods—the porch is…
- You've had a long day. Take a moment to daydream and picture yourself relaxing on any one of these beautiful porches, patios, and terraces from farmhouses to island getaways. You're welcome.
- Take an armchair trek to Louisiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, and more through our slideshow of houses that showcase the best of southern living.
- Bamboo: It's beautiful, it's sustainable, and it's versatile. What's not to love?
- Building green can be a challenge to really pull off—not to mention afford—but as the following seven houses from our pages show, the payback is huge.