- From solar power and recycled materials to thermal energy and rooftop gardens, these 10 homes are both inspiring and functional models for sustainable living.
- From New York to Los Angeles, these self-sufficient homes prove that you don't have to live in the middle of nowhere to be off-the-grid.
- Tony and Rachel Sherman were simply trying to buy a house, but what they found instead was a foundation—a discovery that transformed them from home buyers to home builders virtually overnight.
- Tired of waiting for innovative architecture to come to San Diego, this proactive architect added developer to his job description, and brought it there himself.
- Solar panels have a reputation as being unsightly, but this U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon show home sheds the stereotype that photovoltaic arrays are eyesores.
- Most deserts are dry and dusty expanses of blue skies, bleached soil, and rulerflat horizons. The Colorado Plateau is not one of them.
- To shield an addition and new courtyard for a bungalow in greater Melbourne, architect Anthony Clarke fitted its facade with strips of rough-sawn Victorian ash.
- When Seoul architect Byoung-soo Cho set out to design his urban dream house, he turned to the city’s architectural history for inspiration.