Small Wooden Box Home in Portland
- Portland—the city where young people go to retire, home of Stumptown Coffee Roasters, and filming location of that one show.
- With shapes ranging from perfect cubes to rectangular prisms, these seven box homes teach their inhabitants to be happy with less.
- Urban gardens are cropping up everywhere, from the country to the city. To follow are five modern ways to grow your own.
- The budget was nearly as tight as the space in this cheerful renovation of a 516-square-foot flat in Bratislava.
- Tom Hanks is not known for horror films, but his 1986 flop, The Money Pit, has a terrifying premise: A seemingly small renovation consumes a couple’s life, devouring their reserves of time,…
- In Oakland, California, two designers transformed a 100-year-old barn into a (very) cozy home of their own by redefining the functionality of walls and windowsills.
- Like a little chapel on the prairie, architect Jean-Baptiste Barache’s simply elegant retreat in the tiny Normandy town of Auvillier is a modern play on centuries-old forms and technology.
- If going green at home was so simple, everyone would do it right? And though it makes sense in theory, actually bringing a sustainable plan to life is often easier said than done.