Small Space Live/Work Box Home in Japan
- Time and again, so many modern architects tell us that they are heavily influenced by Japanese design. We go straight to the source with 5 of our favorite homes in Japan from the pages of Dwell.
- Thanks to a fleet of wildly creative architects producing out-of-the-box houses for brave, non-conformist clients, Japan's architecture scene is one of the most exciting in the world.
- Hour-long commutes. Flaky public transportation. The congestion of crowds. It's no wonder many folk choose to work from home these days.
- While white may be interpreted as an absence of color, it is by no means absent of major impact when used in design.
- Somewhere between the Villa Savoye and shag-carpeted condos in Mammoth, the spiral staircase lost its way.
- These five homes in Japan solve a variety of problems, whether it’s a lack of square footage, privacy, or lighting.
- Architects constantly refer to Japanese design when crafting small spaces; Dwell goes straight to the source for inspiration on how to make the most out of every square foot.
- In the second installment of our series on tiny kitchens, we bring you space-savers in New York, Hollywood, Tokyo, and beyond.