Small Box Home with Black Metal Facade in Japan
- Brise soleil—architectural devices that shade structures from sunlight—offer sculptural flourishes and passively cool buildings. We examine five examples from the Dwell archive.
- In the heart of Atlanta, Shawn Moseley worked closely with designer Scott Ball to design and build his new house not ten minutes from downtown.
- Facing tight building codes and an even tighter space, Karen White and David MacNaughtan needed an architect who could turn lemons into lemonade. Donald Chong devised a refreshing solution.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- These 8 interiors from Japanese houses we’ve shown in our pages possess warm woods, clean lines, and an unparalleled design sense.
- These five homes in Japan solve a variety of problems, whether it’s a lack of square footage, privacy, or lighting.
- In many cities, space is limited. These seven Japanese homes feature innovative storage options, tiny gardens and modern design.
- Designing an innovative house is a rite of passage for many young architects.