Building a small home doesn’t equate to easy lifting. Before Tom Bayley could call in a crane to lift the materials for his 800-square-foot house to the roof of the building on which it’s perched, he had to tackle a radical retrofit to shore up the structure.
@current / @total
- Whether it’s a first apartment or a penthouse in the sky, these notoriously small spaces can house big style. Click through the slideshow to see some of our favorite fancy flats.
- Surrounded by lush evergreen forests and famously known for its cup of Joe, this cool quintet of our favorite homes also resides in the Emerald City known as Seattle.
- In the penultimate chapter of our series on the 100 most popular projects ever published in Dwell, a selection of homes including a few mid-century favorites, a tree house in Canada, and more.
- The star of Breaking Bad opens the doors to his family’s recently completed beach house located just outside of Los Angeles.
- Seeing Orange Dutch Design Week in SF is in full swing now in San Francisco, showcasing the best in Dutch design here in the City by the Bay.
- If you're short on kitchen space but big on design, never fear—the following 10 kitchens will help you fill your galley with great, space-saving ideas.
- This weekend, check out the work of Dwell contributors and featured architects in exhibits around the world as well as new work by the Museum of Modern Art's architects-in-residence.
- Friday morning in San Francisco saw not only torrential rain and spots of hail but the kick off of its own monthly CreativeMornings chapter.