Building a small home doesn’t equate to easy lifting. Before Tom Bayley could call in a crane to lift the materials for his 800-square-foot house to the roof of the building on which it’s perched, he had to tackle a radical retrofit to shore up the structure.
@current / @total
- Whether it’s a first apartment or a penthouse in the sky, these notoriously small spaces can house big style. Click through the slideshow to see some of our favorite fancy flats.
- Surrounded by lush evergreen forests and famously known for its cup of Joe, this cool quintet of our favorite homes also resides in the Emerald City known as Seattle.
- In the penultimate chapter of our series on the 100 most popular projects ever published in Dwell, a selection of homes including a few mid-century favorites, a tree house in Canada, and more.
- The star of Breaking Bad opens the doors to his family’s recently completed beach house located just outside of Los Angeles.
- If you're short on kitchen space but big on design, never fear—the following 10 kitchens will help you fill your galley with great, space-saving ideas.
- Sadly I won't be able to make it, but if you're in the Bay Area next Saturday, May 15th, you should seriously consider signing up for the first AIASF home tour of the year.
- Danish designer Poul Henningsen had us at the Artichoke lamp, its 72 leaves bursting forth from it like fireworks.
- Designed for her parents and generations to come, Amanda Yates's seaside New Zealand house is "somewhere between architecture and landscape" but firmly rooted in family life.