Sign of the Times
- We conclude our countdown of the 100 most-popular homes in Dwell.
- Tired of waiting for innovative architecture to come to San Diego, this proactive architect added developer to his job description, and brought it there himself.
- In this tightly packed Northeast city where developers pounce first on any available lot, two young architects found a rare ground-up opportunity.
- New York City is the nation’s capital of cramped quarters. But for a select lucky few, scant square footage adds up to a cozy home to call one’s own.
- In Los Angeles, California, a family of four inhabits a polychrome fantasia in the heart of Chinatown.
- As New Orleans struggles to get back on its feet, one architect learns from the past while building for the future.
- In Holland, being green is not a choice, it's a governmentally enforced obligation. Architects Han van Zweiten and Gregory Kiss's project makes a case for obeying the law.
- These twin sun-drenched San Diego abodes prove that two decks are better than one.