- From an Edinburgh family home to a hillside mid-century gem in Texas, peep to see five of our favorite home renovations around the world.
- From the first LEED Gold-certified home in San Diego to a light-reflecting Berkeley prefab, we highlight five of our favorite abodes from the west coast.
- This Sunday, October 10, on the day that would have been architectural photographer Julius Shulman’s 100th birthday, the MAK Center for Art & Architecture at the Schindler House will hold…
- One highlight of my recent visit to Los Angeles was a whirlwind tour of Silver Lake with the great architect Barbara Bestor, who has lived there since 1988.
- Designer Jennifer Siegal’s own house is a modest 1920s Spanish bungalow on the leeward side of busy Lincoln Boulevard in Venice, California, that looks nothing like what she makes at her day job.
This architecture tour will feature six modernist residences recorded by acclaimed architectural photographer Julius Shulman (1910-2009). Homes by R.M. Schindler, Richard Neutra, Pierre Koenig, Raphael Soriano (Shulman's longtime residence) and Carl Louis Maston will be included:
Lovell Health House (1929), Richard Neutra
Kun House (1936), Richard Neutra
Gold House (1945), R.M. Schindler
Hillside House (1948), Carl Louis Maston
Shulman House (1950), Raphael Soriano
Gantert House (1981), Pierre Koenig
- As artist Christopher Griffin and aesthetician Oresta Korbutiak prepared to renovate their live-work space in Ottawa, the couple sought an architect who would respect the bones of the building, the…
- A collection of some of our favorite kitchen renovations from our archives.