- From an Edinburgh family home to a hillside mid-century gem in Texas, peep to see five of our favorite home renovations around the world.
- The MAK Center for Art and Architecture in Los Angeles celebrates 20 years with a reception, discussion, and R. M. Schindler architecture tour on May 17–18, 2014.
- From the first LEED Gold-certified home in San Diego to a light-reflecting Berkeley prefab, we highlight five of our favorite abodes from the west coast.
- This Sunday, October 10, on the day that would have been architectural photographer Julius Shulman’s 100th birthday, the MAK Center for Art & Architecture at the Schindler House will hold…
- One highlight of my recent visit to Los Angeles was a whirlwind tour of Silver Lake with the great architect Barbara Bestor, who has lived there since 1988.
This architecture tour will feature six modernist residences recorded by acclaimed architectural photographer Julius Shulman (1910-2009). Homes by R.M. Schindler, Richard Neutra, Pierre Koenig, Raphael Soriano (Shulman's longtime residence) and Carl Louis Maston will be included:
Lovell Health House (1929), Richard Neutra
Kun House (1936), Richard Neutra
Gold House (1945), R.M. Schindler
Hillside House (1948), Carl Louis Maston
Shulman House (1950), Raphael Soriano
Gantert House (1981), Pierre Koenig
- Photographer Chris Mottalini pays homage to Paul Rudolph's architectural legacy by documenting his almost-demolished homes—and reminding us what we can't get back.
- “I can show you what it was…and what it is,” Joe Dolce says, delineating the slight, 250-square-foot addition to his Long Island summer home.