Sebastian Mariscal's Wood Architecture
- A house designed to be part of the landscape is at home among the trees in Venice, California.
- Although at first glance San Diego is typically associated with beachside apartments and tile-roofed bungalows, it most definitely has a modern side.
- Architecture in San Diego—from newly built homes to modern classics like Kahn's Salk Institute—blends tradition and innovation in an exciting new way.
- One of the most ubiquitous materials in projects featured in our pages is cedar—a tree species that's found all around the globe. Spy seven projects that deftly use wood in the following slideshow.
- Sliding glass doors and walls take center stage in these 10 homes that seamlessly transition between indoors and out. For more indoor-outdoor design ideas, pick up a copy of our April 2013 issue.
- Footbridges can join an older structures to a new additions, or close a gulf between a house and the street. And when good design is part of the mix, they can add a decorative touch.
- As previously looked at in Decked out Dwell invites you to once again revel in the beauty of these five stunning and spacious outdoor spaces.
- Eight riffs on the cozy cabin typology that make the most of a forest setting with modern architecture that connects to the outdoors.