Seeking to harmoniously integrate a modern aesthetic into the varied architectural vernaculars of Mumbai, India, the Brooklyn-based firm Khanna Schultz (made up of the wife-and-husband team of Vrinda Khanna and Robert Schultz) conceptualized a stacked, seven-unit apartment building for a developer, one that incorporates traditional elements with contemporary approaches.
@current / @total
- A laser cutter or water-jet cutter can add a whimsical, decorative flourish to virtually any space. Here, from Dwell's archives, are seven creative uses of perforated metal.
- From northeastern Italy to downtown Pittsburgh, a trendy neighborhood in Melbourne, Australia, to Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, here are eight inventive, modern apartment buildings that fit in…
- With an opulent slant and modern outlook, today’s Indian buildings continue the country’s architectural heritage.
- Inspired by two guys who counted all the pools in Los Angeles thanks to an elegant data visualization tool, we combed the Dwell archives for our own roundup of the best swimming pools.
- The weeklong City Modern festival concluded with a bang over the weekend with the Manhattan Home Tours.
- We're thrilled to welcome Margie Ruddick, this year's winner of the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Award in Landscape Architecture, to Dwell on Design.
- We take a look at 10 of our favorite swimming pools and pool houses from over the years.
- Hosting design competitions is one of our favorite things to do on dwell.com, and we are always overwhelmingly impressed by the rush of intelligent, inspirational, and thought-provoking ideas that…