On a Rock in a Hard Place
- We've corralled a collection of prefab homes located on precarious hillsides, atop mountains, in remote deserts, and next to pristine lakes to show the building method's versatility.
- Take the sting out of the colder months with smart, green insulation.
- These bold and modern facades take transparency—and creative use of common materials—to the next level.
- Nothing beats a splendid view of a majestic mountaintop, and there’s no better venue from which to enjoy the vista than a modern house.
- Cantilevering is a frequent and defining feature of modernist architecture, perhaps most famously exemplified by Frank Lloyd Wright's 1935 masterpiece, Fallingwater.
- Dwell loves a good outdoor shower or al fresco tub. Here, five of our favorite ways to bathe outdoors, from Wisconsin to Japan.
- In the third stage of rough frame construction, after painting and prepping, structural insulated panels (SIPs) are dropped in from above and attached to grooves set within the basic frames in order…
- A strong creative streak runs through the Pacific Northwest and is on vibrant display in these spaces, featured in the pages of Dwell and on Dwell.com.