Ray Kappe-Designed Multilevel House in Los Angeles
- You've had a long day. Take a moment to daydream and picture yourself relaxing on any one of these beautiful porches, patios, and terraces from farmhouses to island getaways. You're welcome.
- Up-sizing from a small bungalow, Kristopher Dukes and Matt Jacobson take a minimalist approach to renovating and furnishing a soaring ’80s-era Ray Kappe–designed house.
- We've featured homes from virtually every continent, in locations as far ranging as busting metropolises to serene suburbs to remote islands, with architectural programs equally as diverse.
- Dens and family rooms don’t need to mean the Bradys and shag carpeting. As the following clever family spaces prove, there are many ways to accommodate everyone in high style.
- One day last April there was great excitement on Highland Avenue, a quiet, hilly street (on which this writer happens to live) of Craftsman bungalows and 1960s apartment buildings in the Ocean Park…
- What's it like to live inside an iconic house-museum? These impeccably-preserved residences highlight the work of six great modernist architects from the 20th century.
- Escaping to a seaside retreat doesn’t mean you have to rough it; these renovated beach houses incorporate all the comforts of home within a stone’s throw of the shore.
- We showcase seven swoon-worthy backyards in honor of Earth Day, April 22.