A Rational Approach
- Take the sting out of the colder months with smart, green insulation.
- From a single sheet to a shiny-metal extravaganza, stainless steel remains a very viable way of modernizing your kitchen. Here are 9 ways to incorporate the low-maintenance material.
- Boulder, Colorado, straddles a dynamic geographical border where miles of Rocky Mountains descend into flat plains that stretch all the way to the Appalachians.
- When compiling the list of the 20 most popular modern homes featured throughout Dwell's 12-year history, certain themes began to surface: small space projects, renovations, unconventional living…
- Upon the birth of their first child, artist Stas Orlovski and food stylist Alise Arato felt that their 700-square-foot 1930s bungalow in the Mar Vista area of Los Angeles was too small to accommodate…
- Facing tight building codes and an even tighter space, Karen White and David MacNaughtan needed an architect who could turn lemons into lemonade. Donald Chong devised a refreshing solution.
- From a custom, silvery Bulthaup to a "culinary cockpit" housed in a penthouse, here is a cool quintet of kitchens we wouldn't mind cooking in.
In celebration of the best in modern design from the last half century, interior designers including Nate Berkus and Thom Filicia, will create design vignettes from the mid-20th century through today in Design through the Ages. Nods to the old masters and inspiring design ideas for the future will be on full display at the New York Design Center's 15th floor showroom October 1–7. The space will open up at 6:00 p.m. for the City Modern Opening Night VIP Party sponsored by Audi.
CITY MODERN Presented by Audi is a joint venture celebrating design, co-created by the Dwell and New York editorial teams, led by Amanda Dameron and Wendy Goodman respectively.