Raise High the Roof Beams
- We take a dive into our archives for five more of the best modern dining rooms (see Part One here) from a colorful British reboot to a Le Corbusier-inspired Parisian setting. Bon appétit!
- Modern homes that buck the expected vernacular? Sign us up. See an array of residences from Boise to Charleston that express unconventional twists on regional styles.
- A spot to foster conviviality with passersby, a place to perch a chair and enjoy the outdoors, a threshold between inside and out, and an informal living room for neighborhoods—the porch is…
- As we prepare for our November issue, which is all about small spaces, we’re thinking small, and that often means creative use of otherwise wasted space above the main floor.
- When an urban expat couple decided to build the suburban house they wanted rather than the one their neighbors expected, they ended up with a spare but airy jewel box and no wooden shingles.
- From locations like a microcourtyard in Virginia to a prefab glass-shelled retreat in summery Finland, these ten outdoor gardens will make you green with envy.
- Take a look into these 10 homes to see how they have effortlessly furnished their interiors with playful collections of mismatched items.
- For most homeowners, the goal of renovating is to transform an existing space into an idealized domicile.