- Designing an innovative house is a rite of passage for many young architects.
- When graphic designers Jeanette and Mike Abbink left behind their loft in San Francisco—with collected ephemera, a voluminous library, and a parcel of paintings in tow—they didn’t…
- Working creatively to meet strict preservation codes, architect Roberto de Leon affixes a modern annex onto a historic Louisville house.
- When Greg Reitz was ten years old, he was already so worried about the state of the planet that, without prompting from his parents, he spent his allowance to join Greenpeace.
- With a palette of earthy colors and materials, and some thoughtful architectural interventions, a soaring schoolhouse in the Netherlands is reborn.
- Architect-sculptor double act Cat Macleod and Michael Bellemo first came to our attention with their Cocoon weekender, a steel-clad blimp suspended in a canopy on the Australian coastline.
- In Montara, California, architect Michael Maltzan designed a home for, his sister and brother-in-law. From certain vantage points, the home’s unique angles result in M.C.
- A pair of Toronto boutique owners and their architects surpass expectations for above-the-shop living with a renovation that celebrates clean design and serene space.