The Potential of Van Bo's 'One Square Meter House'
- Van Bo Le-Mentzel arrived on the shores of Germany as a young refugee from Laos. He was fascinated by Spiderman and dreamed of the day when he could help the helpless.
- Last month we detailed Le Van Bo's One Square Meter House—a project that explores basic living requirements. Here's another experiment in small-space habitation, the modular Cocoon from Micasa.
- For over seventy years, through 7,000 photography sessions, and with 70,000 negatives, Julius Shulman captured the elusive spirit of architecture with an unerring eye and indefatigable…
- Both a gallery and a residence, an Antwerp home redefines the boundaries between public and private, art and interior design.
- After the Dwell prefab popup party at SXSW Eco this past October, we spent the next Saturday checking out a number of modern homes and happenings around Austin, where we stumbled with delight…
- Five years after Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans still houses to up to 70,000 vacant lots. Two years ago, however, the city put a plan into place to help residents revive their neighborhoods.
- In August 2010, Kristi Reimers opened the doors of her shop Eco Carmel to fulfill a dream of starting her own businesses and also to make a difference to her Carmel, California, community and to the…
- Live/work is a centuries-old practice turned overused architectural trend. By melding history and innovation, Turin’s Basic Village offers up a compelling reinvention of the concept.