A Platform for Living
Setsumasa and Mami Kobayashi’s weekend retreat, two and a half hours northwest of Tokyo, is “an arresting concept,” photographer Dean Kaufman says, who documented the singular refuge in the Chichibu mountain range. “It’s finely balanced between rustic camping and feeling like the Farnsworth House.”
@current / @total
- Looking to update your kitchen sink?
- As these five projects prove, a modern deck or porch can play many creative roles—as a play space, hangout spot, dining area, and more.
- From tents to trailers, we take a look at homes that push the boundaries of traditional architecture.
- Dwell loves a good outdoor shower or al fresco tub. Here, five of our favorite ways to bathe outdoors, from Wisconsin to Japan.
- In our long history of construction, paneling has run the gamut from ornate boiserie to simple sheets of plywood. To follow are 8 very different rooms that implement paneling in a modern way.
- Camping season is upon us and if you're going to face the wilderness you should at least do it in style. We think there has to be something in between roughing it and glamping.