A Picturesque Desert Prefab
- Los Angeles-based Marmol Radziner understands the benefits of prefab construction.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Prefab houses are getting leaner, more efficient, and, in some cases, bigger. Here, we explore highlights from our December/January prefab issue, juxtaposed with our favorites from the past.
- With this elegant steel prototype, Marmol Radziner and Associates launch a new prefab venture with the goal of bringing their modern design sensibilities to a broader market.
- The first workstation sits just outside the factory’s rear entrance, where deliveries of recycled steel are deposited.
- After completion at the factory, each home is shrink-wrapped and loaded onto a truck for direct site delivery.