Paint it Black
- When you need more modern space, but are constrained by historic building codes, adding an incongruous addition can be the best option.
- In this four-part series, explore modern hallway designs from Asia to North America sourced from the Dwell archives. Click here to view Part One and Two!
- Modernists love to play with color, and the absence of it. Gray, the color of steel and concrete, has participated quietly in countless facades.
- If your answer to “How much more black could this room be?” is “None more black,” then we have some recommendations for you.
- The guests are coming! The guests are coming! We love our family and friends and look forward to the time of year when everyone gets together.
- Just as the famed Treaty of 1814 called for peace between the United Kingdom and the United States, the large beech tree on Dieter Van Everbroeck's property harmonizes the relationship between site…
- To maximize their small Warsaw loft, transatlantic designers Aleksander Novak-Zemplinski and Becky Nix handcrafted a fleet of double-duty furnishings.
- Smitten from the start with a 1970s concrete villa in rural Belgium, a resident and her designer embark on a sensitive renovation that excises the bad (carpeted walls, dark rooms) and highlights the…