Paint it Black
- When you need more modern space, but are constrained by historic building codes, adding an incongruous addition can be the best option.
- Modernists love to play with color, and the absence of it. Gray, the color of steel and concrete, has participated quietly in countless facades.
- In this four-part series, explore modern hallway designs from Asia to North America sourced from the Dwell archives. Click here to view Part One and Two!
- Designing a modern house doesn't have to mean building from the ground up. These six renovations show how to update existing facades with modern details and bring old buildings into the future.
- If your answer to “How much more black could this room be?” is “None more black,” then we have some recommendations for you.
- The guests are coming! The guests are coming! We love our family and friends and look forward to the time of year when everyone gets together.
- From wood to steel to glass to cement boards, we give you the inside track on the materials and techniques needed to make your facade sing.
- Just as the famed Treaty of 1814 called for peace between the United Kingdom and the United States, the large beech tree on Dieter Van Everbroeck's property harmonizes the relationship between site…