- We've featured homes from virtually every continent, in locations as far ranging as busting metropolises to serene suburbs to remote islands, with architectural programs equally as diverse.
- As much as we love furniture, the idea of filling an active space with redundant pieces feels wasteful. These simple entryways rely on strong structure and dramatic details to add visual interest.
- From the Marshmallow sofa to those glowing Bubble lamps, George Nelson’s designs are a must in many a modern interior. Here are 6 that stand out from the pages of Dwell.
- These hallways don't need a red carpet to grab your attention. Take a look at these stretching indoor and outdoor corridors.
- Dwell has been exploring how acoustics factor into architecture, most recently in contributor William Hamilton's essay "The World of Sound" and in the forthcoming May issue on Steven Holl's Daeyang…
- Part 2 of our journey to cool houses on the islands of the world takes us to places both expected (Hawaii) and unexpected (a tiny, sunny island off Southern California; a snowy one off the coast of…
- After purchasing a revered archetypal lake house designed by American architect Richard Meier, a retired couple launches into the home’s second renovation in 35 years.
- No other city in America has meant more to the development of modern residential design than Los Angeles.