One Room Fits All
- We've dedicated the pages in our November 2012 issue to living large in small spaces, whether they're 235, 900, or 2,000 square feet. But there's more!
- Flashback to the early 1900s: After trying to woo an opera singer, but having to abide by the strict moral code of a woman entering a man's bedroom, William Lawrence Murphy invented the Murphy Bed,…
- The residents of atelier KS's first renovation like stuff.
- Right before Hurricane Sandy swept into New York and its environs, we paid a visit to the midtown showroom of Resource Furniture.
- Embracing small spaces requires maximizing functionality and minimizing material objects. Here are seven of the tiniest houses featured in Dwell, all under 400-square-feet.
- When compiling the list of the 20 most popular modern homes featured throughout Dwell's 12-year history, certain themes began to surface: small space projects, renovations, unconventional living…
- When David Carmel decided to propose to Kirsten Axelsen, he was at home in Manhattan and she was in Ethiopia, working to eliminate trachoma (the world’s leading cause of preventable blindness).
- Armed with a masters in architecture from Columbia University and only 3 years in the field, architectural designer Alan Y. L.