A Northern Haven
- The chill of winter is soon to set in.
- Part 2 of our journey to cool houses on the islands of the world takes us to places both expected (Hawaii) and unexpected (a tiny, sunny island off Southern California; a snowy one off the coast of…
- Modernist furniture may signal worldly tastes, but its American origins lie in Michigan’s humble reaches.
- I met Mark Allen about 10 years ago when he was getting his MFA, and even back then he was a connector.
- Whether spanning acres or encased in amorphous glass ecospheres, Paula Hayes's singular landscapes blur the boundary between art and nature—and redefine the relationship between art and…
- Beating out a host of competitors, one Danish family left their home behind (it’s just down the road, really) to camp out for a year in an Active House, a green-home prototype with all the…
- I was on North Haven Island, Maine recently to report a story for the July/August issue of the magazine, and I went to visit a lovely modern second home by architect Christopher Campbell.
- As the Northeast braces for one of the worst storms in memory, we can't help but remember (and hope for the best for) all the fantastic houses we've featured in New England.