A Northern Haven
- The chill of winter is soon to set in.
- Part 2 of our journey to cool houses on the islands of the world takes us to places both expected (Hawaii) and unexpected (a tiny, sunny island off Southern California; a snowy one off the coast of…
- Modernist furniture may signal worldly tastes, but its American origins lie in Michigan’s humble reaches.
- I met Mark Allen about 10 years ago when he was getting his MFA, and even back then he was a connector.
- I was on North Haven Island, Maine recently to report a story for the July/August issue of the magazine, and I went to visit a lovely modern second home by architect Christopher Campbell.
- Whether spanning acres or encased in amorphous glass ecospheres, Paula Hayes's singular landscapes blur the boundary between art and nature—and redefine the relationship between art and…
- Beating out a host of competitors, one Danish family left their home behind (it’s just down the road, really) to camp out for a year in an Active House, a green-home prototype with all the…
- Gerard Kitchener is fond of talking about the weather, especially as it pertains to Waratah Bay in southeastern Victoria, Australia.