The New Suburbanism
- Santiago Suarez is a man who craves challenge, a knight errant, if you will, whose exploits are in the realm of the intellectual and artistic.
- Creative bartering and a healthy dose of sweat equity allowed a young Charleston couple to transform a derelict 19th-century structure into an inspired living space.
- A house that survived the Great Quake and the intervening decades is reborn after a serious intervention by a modernist architect.
- The open spaces and transparency of modern architecture turn out to be extremely useful when there’s a house full of relatives.
- On a quaint, tree-lined street in Berkeley, California, architect Sarah Deeds of Deeds Design and carpenter John McBride placed a 120-square-foot office/art studio near their main house, a renovated…
- Los Angeles architect Ray Kappe built a multilevel house for his family back in 1967, and the results still resonate today.
- Architect Ko Wibowo designed a house of prodigious proportions beneath the hulking rise of Mount Ranier.
- Diane Cheatham and Edward Baum team up to try to make the Dallas of their design dreams a reality.