Mountain Dwellings Urban Development in Copenhagen
In Ørestad—Copenhagen’s tiny but buzzing new hub of urban development—a mountain rises from the flatlands. No ordinary geological behemoth, this sloping peak is a feat of residential engineering from celebrated Danish architects Bjarke Ingels Group. The Mountain Dwellings stand as a beacon for architectural possibility and stylish multifamily living in a dense, design-savvy city.
Showing image @current of @total
- Good things come in threes and for Danish superstarchitect Bjarke Ingels, it’s no different.
- Dwell celebrates the rich tradition of murals and street art in Los Angeles with Living Mural at Dwell on Design, created by a collective of local artists over the course of the weekend.
- Space, light, and twists on color use define this collection of some of our favorite modern living rooms from issues past.
- In our September Designers' At Home issue, we traveled to the Copenhagen residence of Kristina May Olsen and Morten Bo Jensen—a study in the contrasts of black and white, natural and refined…
- It might be an understatement to say that Bjarke Ingels' firm the Bjarke Ingels Group (BIG) has gone gangbusters.
- As fall turns into winter, there's no better time to start thinking about your home's sense of hygge—that is, the spare but very cozy minimalism epitomized by Danish houses.
- In 2008, Frank Vafaee, Manish Desai, and Andre Farhang founded Proto Homes. The Los Angeles-based company designs, builds, and sells homes as products.
- Our tongue-in-cheek personality quiz: What does your favorite interior from our September issue say about you?