Modernist L-Shaped Charred Cedar Cabin in Alaska
- Shou-sugi-ban, a Japanese wood-charring technique, is emerging as one of builders' and woodworkers' favorite trends this year.
- One of the most ubiquitous materials in projects featured in our pages is cedar—a tree species that's found all around the globe. Spy seven projects that deftly use wood in the following slideshow.
- While the saying, "It's what's inside that counts" certainly rings true, the exterior matters just as much with these six homes garbed with striking facades. See Part One here.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Get lost in Alaska with the great Vancouver based photographer Kamil Bialous as he gives us all the behind the scenes details about his first photo shoot experience for Dwell.
- It may be the last bastion of the American Way in the frigid north, but Alaska is also home to some stunning modern homes. We visited one amazing Alaskan house in our July/August 2013 issue.
- Nothing screams "late fall" like a trip to a cabin. These seven homes fit the coziness bill, but with a modern slant that brings the housing typology into the 21st century.
- As the weekend slowly draws near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.