Modern Renovations for Historic Buildings
- Working creatively to meet strict preservation codes, architect Roberto de Leon affixes a modern annex onto a historic Louisville house.
- These five modern house additions not only add necessary square footage, but bring their previously existing structures thoroughly up to date.
- A surprisingly modern addition transforms an 1880 bungalow in Adelaide, Australia, into a spacious and sensuous abode.
- Take an armchair trek to Louisiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, and more through our slideshow of houses that showcase the best of southern living.
- An airy addition on the back of a historic house in Boise is a model of sensitive renovation, seamlessly melding new and old.
- Affectionate homeowners and architects have beckoned these classic homes into the modern era with sleek, midcentury modern additions that distinguish them from their contemporaries.
- Modern homes that buck the expected vernacular? Sign us up. See an array of residences from Boise to Charleston that express unconventional twists on regional styles.
- This family of cost-conscious Hamburgers (freshly back in Germany after years abroad) converted a kitschy turn-of-the-century villa into a high-design home.