Modern Renovation of a Midcentury House in Los Angeles
- In Santa Monica, architect and activist Cory Buckner is working to preserve the living monuments of L.A.'s mid-century-modern past, including her own home by A. Quincy Jones.
- Architect Cory Buckner has become Los Angeles’ resident A. Quincy Jones expert. Here, she shares tips on how to complement iconic modern architecture with water-saving tricks.
- The call of the wild is impossible to resist in these six patios, backyards, and gardens that offer a retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Though he's often lumped in as one of Joseph's Eichler's gang—and we certainly love what Eichler did for the modern tract home—architect A. Quincy Jones is a midcentury lion in his own right.
- If you’re in the Los Angeles area for the holiday weekend, catch the tail end of the A.
- On the last day of Dwell on Design in Los Angeles, onstage talks will spotlight renowned mid-century architects, question knockoffs, and offer design strategies for neurological challenges.
- Hailed as the most populous city in California, Los Angeles is also a sprawling metropolitan haven.
- German industrial designer Dieter Rams is a legend, and for good reason, thanks to his rational, less-is-more philosophy on design.