Modern Houses in America's Rust Belt
Showing image @current of @total
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Dwell readers and fans of NPR, unite.
- Wide-open spaces, welcoming attitudes, and a healthy respect for modernism: the American Midwest has much to offer. Here are 12 modern houses from the Heartland.
- Modern Farm Furniture out of Columbus, Ohio, was one of my favorite finds at the Solar Decathlon this year.
This May, the famed J. Irwin Miller House—designed by Eero Saarinen with landscapes by Dan Kiley and interiors by Alexander Girard—opened its doors to the public for the first time. Herman Miller is giving away a weekend trip to tour the renowned Miller House & Gardens featured in the May issue of Dwell. Also included in the package are tours of other architectural gems in the area by Eliel Saarinen, Harry Weese, and John Carl Warnecke.
The Giveaway includes:
- Round-trip airfare and transportation to the home in Columbus, Indiana
- Two nights accommodations at the Inn at Irwin Gardens
- Columbus area visitors center tickets and reservations for the Miller House and Garden and the Columbus Architectural tours
Enter to win now!
- They haven’t always been in design favor, but throw pillows, when done right, can add warmth, color, and texture to a room like nothing else can. Six designers show us how.
- We sifted through some past issues to find images of what some may argue to be the hardest working room in the house.
- Since the very beginning of Dwell's inception, in 2000, we've had a department called My House.