A Modern Concrete Home in Peru
- In this Material Focus installment, we examine béton brut—roughly finished exposed concrete—a modern design idea popularized by architects like Le Corbusier and Auguste Perret.
- At Lima's El Mercao Restaurant, the theme is old meets new—not just in the food, where acclaimed chef Rafael Osterling puts a new twist on classic Peruvian dishes, but also in the architecture.
- Wishing to preserve existing sites and the natural beauty of original trees, these seven homes use nature as their centerpiece.
- I'll be traveling to Lima, Peru tomorrow to cover the National Gift Show and, of course, to take in the many sights of the city.
- It’s the time of year when the dining room tends to actually be used for its original purpose as an elegant venue for long meals with family and friends. Here are 7 stunning examples from our pages.
- Should your summer travels take you south of the border, we've rounded up all the architecture and design hotspots in this quintet of Latin American city guides.
- In Lima,Peru–a visually striking but geologically shaky locale–designer Jodi Puig points out ways in which the city's culturally rich past provides a solid foundation for its design…
- Dreaming of faraway places? Let these houses that smartly respond to their beautiful surroundings serve as your visual getaway.