Modern Communal Living in the Netherlands
Communal living has never looked better than on this Dutch property, where five families proved democratic design can have spectacular results. Through over-printing and deft use of negative space, Johnson’s piece plays with the notion of sharing.
- As Previously looked at in 5 Cool Modern Courtyards, Dwell takes another glance at 5 modern homes with outstanding elevated terraces.
- The fact that no other word in the English language rhymes with orange also extends to the color's unrivaled ability to up the ante of any home.
- While we can all heed that age-old axiom, "Never judge a book by its cover," we're swooning over the façades of these homes.
- When compiling the list of the 20 most popular modern homes featured throughout Dwell's 12-year history, certain themes began to surface: small space projects, renovations, unconventional living…
- Just as the famed Treaty of 1814 called for peace between the United Kingdom and the United States, the large beech tree on Dieter Van Everbroeck's property harmonizes the relationship between site…
From imaginative takes on brick to the ultimate steel cladding, enjoy this tour of creative modern home facades.